Friday, February 3, 2012

What is your favorite Marilyn Monroe costume?

There are just too many great movie costumes to choose from...

I recently watched the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes starring Jane Russel and the one and only, Marylin Monroe. Like many of you out there, I enjoy watching these kinds of classic Hollywood films for entertainment but also, of course, for the costumes! One of Marylin's most iconic outfits from this film is the pink dress worn for her "Diamond Are a Girl's Best Friend" routine. But that costume is not my favorite. No, not because it's bright pink .... well, ok that's part of it.
 Image from GlamAmor This covers my Pink for the month of February  :)
My all time favorite Marylin outfit from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes has to be this one. It's rather simple but oh so classy! I wish I could find an image online that was in color. 

I love the little tucks in the dress and the single, long feather in her hat. Her leopard muff and wrap are just stunning.
Here is a look at the costume in action.

Tommy Noonan as "Gus Esmond" and Marilyn Monroe as "Lorelei Lee" in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
 For a look at more great costumes from Marilyn's movies, check out this page. There are photos of her in costumes from her major and minor movie roles as well as costume sketches by William Travilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...